New Lower Price!
The Solowheel Original
started the electric unicycle revolution right here in Washington State, and it was invented and patented by Shane Chen
president of Inventist Inc
is the latest advancement in electric personal assistive mobility devices (or EPAMDs). Solowheels
fit right into existing infrastructure and are legal on Washington sidewalks and residential streets: WA State House Bill 1884
Why use a Solowheel in Seattle? Easy commute. Sidewalk safe. Easy hills. Easy stow. No parking. Quick shopping. Lunch Hour Territory! Bring it on the bus, Uber, Car2Go, Metro Transit, light rail, check it on a jet plane.
At Solowheel Seattle
, whenever possible, we like to teach our customers how to ride the wheel before we sell the wheel, especially if planned to be used as a commuting vehicle. The cost of training is deducted from future purchase or rental. Click here to set up a test drive or just set up a free appointment to learn more.
The Solowheel goes about one hour on a charge and takes about one hour using outlets found at every restaurant, cafe, library, office and home, just like a laptop computer. Plus, the Solowheel charges as you go downhill and as you push and brake. It has a regenerative braking system! Solowheel costs 1.2 cents to charge fully using primarily hydroelectric power in Seattle.
Why buy from Solowheel Seattle? Because we focus on excellent customer service. If you buy from us, we will take care of everything for you including training, group rides and we'll handle all warranty needs and repairs if ever needed. Think of us as the Apple Store of Solowheel.
The Original Solowheel has been updated with greater range & speed, larger pedals, and the latest firmware offering a faster, more responsive ride.
Solowheel Original (2016)
- Speed - Up to ~13 mph / 20 kph
- Range - Approx. 10 miles / 16 km (tested up to 13 miles on flat ground)
- Weight - 24 lbs / 11 kg
- Maximum Load - 220 lbs / 99 kg
- Motor Power - 1500 Watts (yes, really!)
- Battery - Sony Li-ion, 155Wh
- Charger - Custom international 2A charger, 100-240 VAC
- Tire - 16 inches x 2.125 inches
- Maximum Incline - 15 degrees
- Warranty - Limited 1 year
- Battery Lifetime - 1000+ cycles with good care
- Length - 17.0 inches / 43.2 cm
- Width (pedals unfolded) - 14.0 inches / 35.6 cm
- Width (pedals folded) - 8.0 inches / 20.3 cm
- Height - 19.0 inches / 48.3 cm
The Solowheel comes packaged with a wall charger, manual, DVD and one year warranty card.